In this experiment, I am going to attempt to stop biting my nails in a month! Is it possible? I totally hope so!!
I have been biting my nails ever since I was a small child! It is a serious problem and totally annoys my boyfriend. Nail biting is not healthy and I have tried stopping before. It is so hard quitting a habit you have been doing since you were young. However, I am up for the challenge!
This experiment will be an ongoing experiment. I will be updating this post weekly so be sure to come back often to find out how I am doing. NOTE: There are sections not filled in on purpose. These will be filled in as the experiment continues.
To be notified when new information is added, be sure to sign up for my newsletter (located at the end of this experiment). I will send out a weekly email updating you on this experiment and other experiments in the works.
Well, let’s get to the experiment!!
Stop Biting Nails Experiment
Statement Of The Problem:
Is it possible to stop biting my nails in a month?
I have a serious nail biting problem that has been going on for way too long. It is a terrible habit and I really want to break free from it!
My hypothesis is:
With enough determination and trials, I will be able to stop biting my nails in a month.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links for your convenience. CLICK HERE for my full disclaimer.
These are the resources I used to come up with my procedure to stop biting nails.
- Top 10 Ways to Prevent Nail Biting
- Keep accountable through this post and through my boyfriend
- Paint my nails as soon as I see any chipping (to help prevent nail biting)
- Use anti-nail biting polish (they have a bad taste)
- Use Fake Nails
- Start a new habit/keeping hands and mouth busy (use a stress ball)
- Try covering nails with bandaids
- When I feel like biting, try taking relaxation breaths
- Visualize my success
- Be Patient